Desayuno informativo del Foro de la Nueva Economía, organizado por Nueva Economía Fórum con el patrocinio de TEDAE. Plazas Limitadas
Director de la Agencia Europea de Defensa
Born in Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz on 28 November 1960.
Degree in Law from the University of Sevilla.
Joined the Spanish Foreign Service in January 1985.
Started his diplomatic career as Head of Subsection for Pacific and Security Agreements in the General Directorate of Foreign Policy for North-America and Pacific in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Joined the General Directorate for International Affairs of Security and Disarmament as Head of Subsection for politico-military affairs.
Became Director for Atlantic Affairs in the same General Directorate.
Posted at the Spanish Delegation at NATO where he was responsible for politico-military matters (DPC, DRC, EWG, NPG, Eurogroup, Alerts Committee etc...) and acted as Spokesman.
1993 - 1995
Appointed Cultural and Cooperation Counsellor at the Spanish Embassy in Brazil.
Returned to the General Directorate for International Affairs of Security and Disarmament for the Spanish Presidency of the European Union, to deal with all matters concerning the Security Working Groups of the CFSP (Common Foreign and Security Policy) and of the WEU.
January 1996 - May 1996
Diplomatic Adviser to the Spanish Minister of Defence.
May 1996 - October 1999
Director of the Private Office of the NATO Secretary General.
October 1999 - July 2004
Minister Counsellor at the Spanish Embassy in Italy and Governor of Spain at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
August 2004 - August 2005
Minister Counsellor at the Spanish Embassy in Morocco.
September 2005 - July 2008
Deputy Director General. European and North American Foreign Policy General Directorate.
August 2008 – August 2010
Director General for United Nations, Global Affairs and Human Rights.
August 2010 – January 2011
Director General for Multilateral Affairs.
February 2011- May 2014
Ambassador of Spain to the Republic of the Philippines, to the Republic of Palau, to the Republic of the Marshall Islands and to the Federated States of Micronesia.
Alternate Governor of Spain during the 45th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Asian Development Bank.
May 2014- February 2015
Ambassador Permanent Representative of Spain to the OSCE.
As of 1 February 2015
Chief Executive of the European Defence Agency.
- - - - - -
Other professional and academic positions:
• Elected member of the Academic Advisory Board of the NATO Defence College (Rome) 2006-2008.
• Masters Certificate of the Public Management Leadership Program (IESE, Madrid) 2007-2008.
• Diploma of 69th course of NATO Defence College in Rome.
• Has written several articles on politico-military and defence issues in Spanish periodicals.
• Spanish: mother tongue
• English: bilingual
• French: bilingual
• Italian: fluent, both written and spoken
• Spanish Cross of Naval Merit (first class).
• Commander and Officer of the Spanish Orders of the Civil Merit and of Queen Isabel la Católica.
• Commander with degree of the Orders of the Civil Merit and of the Order of Queen Isabel la Católica.
• Grand-Officer of the Order of Al-Wissam (Morocco).
• Grand-Officer of the Order of La Stella (Italy).
• Third Degree Knight Commander of Rizal, Order of the Knights of Rizal.
• Grand Cross, Order of Sikatuna, gold distinction. Republic of the Philippines.
Jorge Domecq is married and has two daughters.
Ex Alto Representante de la Unión para Asuntos Exteriores y Política de Seguridad, Ex Secretario General de la OTAN y Exministro del Gobierno de España
Javier Solana es presidente del Centro de Economía y Geopolítica Global de ESADE (Barcelona–Madrid), presidente de Aspen Institute España, distinguido senior fellow de Brookings Institution (Washington, DC), presidente honorario del Centro para el Diálogo Humanitario (Ginebra), vicepresidente del Patronato del Instituto de Salud Global Barcelona, miembro de los patronatos del International Crisis Group, del European Council on Foreign Relations y de Human Rights Watch, así como profesor visitante senior de la London School of Economics, donde fue investido Doctor Honoris Causa en diciembre de 2010.